Friday 30 August 2019

The Weekend Roundup and Weekend Reflections

TimIt is time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter is I and Inspired.  Today I am showing you how two famous artists where INSPIRED to paint these particular paintings but first I have my REFLECTION image, a selfie taken in a mirror at the Art Gallery.







I found it INTERESTING how Dali turned back to Christianity (I did not know this) and that his INTENTION in painting this work of art was  to show this (and more) and in fact this was so unlike Dali's usual work that this painting have been INSPIRATIONAL to many people in many ways.

Many thanks for your visit and also your comments.

13 comments:

  1. I didn't know that about Dali either - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, great selfie reflection. The paintings are beautiful! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! I do enjoy YOUR reflection! Nicely done! Enjoy this Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know this about Dali! The painting is sure beautiful! Finally, a painting of his that I can understand! I love your reflection photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selfie and very interesting about Dali.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a very interesting exhibit. Thanks for sharing Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an interesting post - thanks so much :) and I love your "selfie" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the art lesson, these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked your showing of the Dali life plaque. I learned. It must have been scary for him traveling among the European countries when the Germans were in control. I would stay put.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...art as Inspiration, I never thought of that. It certainly is for me. Thanks Margaret for stopping by, I hope that you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very artistic selfie. :) Would enjoy that exhibit. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mirrors can be very inspiring... and I have not seen these booth paintings before, thanks for sharing. I had not known or thought this abot Dali.
    Send you a flock of birds for a great sunday

    Yes, the pastels are my own. But mostly I use only 2-3 pencils to comlete my acrylic paintings with them.

    ReplyDelete