Friday 18 January 2019

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and this week’s letter is C and Candy.  Now I am sure most of you know that these photographs are from my Family holiday in CAPE Town over the CHRISTMAS period.  The three younger people in this first shot are COUSINS and following that is Annika that I am giving a CUDDLE too.





Above is my REFLECTION image and below is poor Annika who had just had a huge wave drenched her CLOTHING and left her very COLD. Following that image is an unusual CRITTER.



Thanks to Goody from blogger, her son has identified this critter for us. 
It is a Koopie foam grasshopper.



Now I am sure you will agree you have never had or seen a CHRISTMAS tree like this and I had brought a decoration from Northern Ireland for all 9 of us to put on this tree.  To the right fairly near the top there is a manager scene with baby Jesus CHRIST in his CRIB. Annika's favourite was this CUTE bird.  You will see at the  base of the tree is CHOCOLATE CANDY figures.


Now in the UK we do not talk about candy but use the word sweets and the other day when I was walking in my own town I spotted this shop and its name was CURIOUS CANDY! NO, I  was not even tempted to go in!


Many thanks for visiting and also for your comments.

21 comments:

  1. Looks likes fun and joy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many many many years ago, my grandparents had a Christmas... uh... tree (?) that looked a lot like that when they were living in Arizona. And that is one strange looking bug. You guys sure do have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of family fun - which is lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great set of photos - lovely to see your family and the fun you were all having. The Christmas Tree is so unusual. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Margaret. Your family is beautiful. I like the Christmas tree and decorations. Enjoy your day and have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Margaret!

    You spent a nice Christmas time.
    The tree is very ingenious. I am delighted with him.

    Hugs and greetings from sad, weeping Poland.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this tree! Is it something you bought, or did you find it? Wow, this bug is amazing, and I bet very poisonous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret, that is a cute portrait of you and Anika. Also like your reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Christmas tree. :-) Wonderful photos, they made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pictures. I have to say that is the most unusual Christmas tree I have ever seen, but it sure works.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Annika, too bad she got splashed with the cold water. I like your tree, it seems to be a piece of driftwood. And that big, large. I'd be sure none of them ever got inside the house. I'll look for them when we come to Cape Town. Your reflections are good too, the beach sands must still have been wet from that big wave.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot, that is the first "candy" store I've seen on your island. Thank you for the picture, I suppose I won't be seeing a real one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Passionate pictures of all family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely family photos and I also like the tree with those pretty ornaments, like a sculpture of sorts. That bug is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a very unusual Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Margaret; Oh, what kind of critter that could be ;-) My first kind of Christmas tree to see and ornaments are lovely as well as Annika♡♡♡
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...wonderful family fun! Now that's an interesting 'C'hristmas tree. 'C'urious 'C'andy 'C'aught my eye.Thanks Margaret for stopping by, please come again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It all looked hot and sunny but I guess those waves are also very high to give anyone a good soaking. To me, the sea is always cold, except when I was in India in January time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love seeing photos of family! The picture of you and Annika is so sweet, both of you look very happy to be with each other. The critter is quite colorful, looks like it can fly, too! Do you know what it is? Have a good week, Margaret.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was admiring your wonderful photos with my son who thinks your critter might be a koppie foam grashopper. I'm not sure I've ever left you a comment, but have been enjoying your posts for some time. A very happy new year to you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always fun to see your travels and your family ! Your Granddaughter is a lovely young woman!

    ReplyDelete