Wednesday 5 December 2018

Walking round the Mount Stewart Demesne with Toby (Part 2)

I am continuing from Monday’s post CLICK HERE if you missed that.  We crossed this field that a herd of cattle were grazing on and Toby often stopped to explain various aspects on how they were managing the demesne.  Some fields had been ploughed ready for seeds to be sown.






We came upon the original North Gate Lodge on the estate dating back from the 18th century and Toby told us of the possible plans for it and the surrounding buildings.




There are several small ponds on the estate within the forest and they in time will be attended to.



Finally we came to the new Squirrel hide and in a later post I will show you what I photographed from there.


Many thanks for visiting and also for your comments.

5 comments:

  1. These cows don't know how good they have it! The gate lodge is adorable, it looks Irish. I have never heard of a squirrel hide. I love squirrels, and can't wait till your next post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Margaret. Long time since I heard the word demesne.Have a top trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I love the Lodge. what a pretty building. I am not sure how comfortable I would feel walking in the field with the cattle. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete