Tuesday 30 August 2016

WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY -WOW RSPB Centre,Belfast

Last week I called into the WOW RSPB Centre in Belfast and mainly this post is about the video at the end where I photographed the 2 man made Tern islands that had Common and  Arctic birds breeding.  Also on the video are a good number of waders - Lapwing, Dunlin, Godwit, Knot, Curlew Sandpiper, Greenshank, Redshank and Teal.  See if you can ID them all on the video. 


Coot



If the Video does not appear CLICK HERE  




I am linking this post with WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY.

Many thanks for visiting and also for leaving any comments.

14 comments:

  1. Hello Margaret, great birds and photos. I love the Terns! Happy Tuesday, have a great day and week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! shore birds always remind me of home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the birds. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was only able to identify a few of the birds in your video, but I've been called an old coot many times. Love watching the terns flying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great birds. I love the composition of the second image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's your tern. ( Sorry, I had to do it. ) I do love that picture, just like edenhills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos and especially a great piece of video. Amazing to see all the terns breeding on that man-made structure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terns are rather rare in Hokkaido, I really miss them from back home............

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!:) The Terns are one of my favourite shore birds,...nice captures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, what a busy bunch ,,, your video is slow and smooth, just what I don't seem to be able to do. A nice group of pictures, Margaret ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terns are a great species and, so far, I like everyone I have seen. :)

    ReplyDelete