Friday 11 March 2016

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - Rhinoceses at dusk and FRIDAY'S HUNT

This post of stills and video really should come after tomorrow’s one however I was fitting into the link to WEEKEND REFLECTIONS. Enjoy and pop in tomorrow to see a Rhinceses wallying at another water hole. Friday's Hunt word are the letter K, Week's Favourite and Flower.






CLICK HERE if the video does not appear below.





Now my 3 shots for this weeks Friday's Hunt. 
 Letter K, Week's Favourite and Flower.



This is a Brown - hooded KINGFISHER seen in KRUGER National Park. 



 This photograph is my choice for this week.  I requested that my family give me this Christmas Cheer Rhodendrron as a present for Chritmas.  I have one that is probably over 40 years old and bloomed for months during the dull winter months in my front garden.  I thought it would be good to have one in the back garden also.   It had 11 healthy buds when I received it and now it has started to bloom and I am thrilled as I look out of my window.


FLOWER photographed in Costa Rica

I am linking with FRIDAY'S HUNT.

Many thanks for visiting and also for leaving any comments.  

26 comments:

  1. lovely reflections of the rhino :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Margaret, awesome shots of the Rhino. I lvoe the kingfisher and the beautiful flowers.
    Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret - lovely photos of the rhinos ... they are incredible creatures to see in the wild. Your kingfisher is stunning ... while the rhododendron will continue to make you smile - such a lovely colour ... perfect for the back. Cheers and take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rhinos are beautiful, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhinos, Kingfishers and flowers are an eclectic mix.............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible shots! Enjoy your weekend and take good care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhinos are such majestic, gracious animals.
    Beautifully photographed, Margaret!
    Have a Happy Weekend!!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The water looks like molten gold and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Kingfisher. I'd invite him in.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnifique ces photos avec le rhino,Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice reflections of the rhino.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Atmospheric shots of incredible animals

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the shots you took from the rhino -photos that are one of a kind, Margaret!The kingfisher is always a delight to see! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous reflections of the rhinos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! So beautiful pictures! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rhinos? Jealous thoughts. Thank you for sharing the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely reflections with the Rhino! Loved the blooms and the Kingfisher!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WoW!!! The first photo is an excellent silhouette shot Margaret. I get excited if I see a Kangaroo or a Wombat whereas you get to see & photograph all kinds of amazing African animals. I'm jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  19. And beautiful Macro of the Costa Rica flowers too

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how cool to see the rhino! Pretty blooms, and the last shot is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a great rhododendron

    ReplyDelete
  22. Would have been a great experience photographing those rhinos at dusk, lucky you. Good news your Christmas Cheer rhode is blooming marvellous!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  23. So stunning shots! I like first one, it's great.
    Thanks for stopping by a have a great weekend ... greetings from Germany, Frauke

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are beautiful flower shots. We had lots of rhododendron around out house in NC but here in VA we have to go hiking up on the mountain to see them. The other flower from Costa Rica is my favorite. It is a wonderful place to visit with so much to see. Your photos of the Rhinoceses are awesome. What a fabulous animal to see up so closely. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that first shot for the reflection! The kingfisher is a great bird for the letter K. The flowers are fantastic. Love the edit you did on the last one. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt.

    ReplyDelete