Monday 7 March 2016

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY and THROUGH MY LENS

As you know, my laptop was out of action for some time and last week I missed Scavenger Hunt Sunday so today I am giving you two weeks words for the price of one!  These ‘people’ shots are of my bird class who decided to help me with the words for that week.    Below is Aiden WAITING impatiently for the last person to arrive before my lecture.  



Looks like this lot got tired of waiting and decided to have a LAZY DAY!



The day before my bird class, I came across Pale-bellied Brent Geese and on observing them closely noticed the tagged DETAILS on this gooses’ legs.


Isa and Jimmy are great bird FRIENDS in the group and I have to say all the members are great sports so thanks guys for your help.


I have chosen to show you some of the 50 Brent I saw that day
They were all eating frantically trying to fatten up, ready for their long journey to their breeding grounds in Eastern Canada High Arctic.

    • All the following photographs were taken on my trip to Costa Rica.


    • These shots were taken when I was UP in the plane on my way home from Costa Rica and what a very bumpy ride it was.  The captain had to abort his first attempt at landing in Newark, New York and only just managed to land the plane on his second attempt!




I think you can tell these FRUIT are Bananas.


This shot was taken from our moving bus. In this NEIGHBORHOOD you can see a small town nestled in the valley surrounded by trees and mountains.


I offered and took a photograph of this gentleman and his wife and they insisted on taking a photograph of me.  We both have a SMILE.


I have chosen to show you a Monarch butterfly. This is the first one I have ever seen in real life and was pleased I could photograph it.

I hope you enjoyed these photographs.

I am linking with Scavenger Hunt Sunday and Through My Lens.

Many thanks for joining me today and a big thanks to all who leave comments.

22 comments:

  1. A lovely series: birds and people and a technically "bird" and finally the Monarch.
    I've never seen one in realk, but I have a book about their big fly...
    http://www.amazon.de/Nomaden-Windes-Monarchfalter-andere-Schmetterlingswunder/dp/3894057092/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1457336982&sr=1-3&keywords=Monarchfalter

    Have a nice new week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see your smile :) And that butterfly short is my favorite today. Thank you for linking in with "Through My Lens"

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely. And the Monarch is special. Very, very special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often wonder how tagged animals and birds feel about this intrusion (I know it is necessary and helps in the long run, I just wonder), the Monarch is lovely as are you two with the smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birding group look a right laugh... the same of which can't be said of computer troubles.
    Good to have you back in action, sounds like that flight was a bit hairy so hopefully life is calmer on all fronts now!
    Have a great week
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo of the Monarch butterfly is just beautiful! It takes my breath away!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Margaret! You have a friendly bunch of birding friends. It is nice to see your smile. I love the Monarch butterfly shot. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great series of photos!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the funny photos of your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Margret,
    Great shots. Love all the birds and people shots.
    Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very nice selection of shots.
    My favourite is the last one - just love the colours in the butterfly.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your laptop is back. Your birding class does look like so much fun. When I lived in the midwest, in October we had tons of monarchs come through on their way south. Where I am now we don't get any and I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats a fantastic butterfly

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love your blog, Margaret, so not only I thank you with all my heart for the wonderful comments you left on my blog, but here you have a new follower of yours !
    With so much gratitude I wish you all the best
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos of your bird enthusiast friends! Love the Monarch and the Costa Rica shots! Great post that brought me some smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful shot of you! Lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so so beautiful, i love the ones you've taken with your friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a fun and lovely trip, glad to see you, you look so contented and loving in that couple pose. I most specially love the village nestled safely between mountain ranges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoyed both sets of photos immensely. What a fun group your birding class is!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice and lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun, varied post. I especially like the banana tree. Lush vegetation! Finding you from Through the Lens!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your birding group look a bundle of fun Margaret. I just hope they didn't fall asleep during one of your lectures!

    ReplyDelete