Saturday 12 March 2016

SATURDAY CRITTERS - RHINOCESES at Kruger National Park

I am restarting my South Africa series  (yesterday - Rhino at dusk) and if you remember last time we saw the Elephants just before entering Kruger National Park.  Now my friends Martin, Marie and I are inside Kruger moving around 5 different lodges and today you can see we came across these Rhinoceses.  The photographs are not brilliant because as you can see there was a bush in the way when they went  to the waterhole but we were still excited to see them.  


Yesterday's post shows them coming out of the water into another water hole at dusk and fits into the meme for reflections.  CLICK HERE if you missed it.














 I have a short video and if it does not appear below, CLICK HERE.



I am linking this post to SATURDAY CRITTERS.

 Many thanks for visiting and also for leaving any comments.

21 comments:

  1. Love the rhinoceroses. You were v lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!:) Amazing captures of the Rhino. My hubby has a large collection of Rhinoceroses, but there is nothing like seeing the real thing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. Rhinos are such characters.
    So sad about them being killed by poachers in the wild for their tusks.
    Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret - they are enormous aren't they ... we forget how solid, and large they are .. fantastic photos - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are magnificent, I saw some on the news last week dangling from helicopters. The sound was off so I don't know what it was all about but I expect it was something to do with poachers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Margaret , these are amazing animals. You were so lucky to see them. Wonderful photos and a great video. I hope the Rhino's are protected. Hello, these are amazing animals. You were so lucky to see them. Grerat video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots of the Rhinos Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are still brilliant photos to me Margaret. Amazing to see this beautiful animal in its own natural habitat. Great video also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The images were brilliant, Margaret. The rhino is now endangered in South Africa due to poaching of the horn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are beautiful creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing trip you had Margaret.. That's the one thing I regret about my time in Africa, that I didn't go on safari! Too late now I'm afraid. I always enjoy your safari shots and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you got really close to those huge beasts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a sobering thought that this could be the only way I see this species. Lovely images Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I've ever seen a Rhino wallowing in the mud... Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed both your latest post so much; it must be beyond wonderful to see these animals in their own habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing! And you've definitely featured the largest critter for Saturday! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those Rhinos are huge and look so clumsy.Great pictures.How exciting to see these animals.

    ReplyDelete