Thursday 1 August 2013

Tranquillity at the Japanese -style Garden

After having tea in Australia yesterday, we are back again at Sir Thomas & Lady Dixon Park.  The previous post there was when we were surrounded with a riot of colourful roses ( see Romance of Roses-30 July), however today I am taking you into the Japanese –style garden.  Here you will find peace, quiet, a place to rest and reflect within the beauty of different shades of green.


Japanese gardens did not originate in Japan. It began during the Asuka period when Japanese merchants witnessed the gardens that were being built in China and became so inspired by the gardens that they would frequently import many facets of the Chinese culture back to their own country. Today, in many parts of Japan and the western part of the world the traditions of Japanese garden art still maintain their full intensity of expression and continue to inspire the many artists that aspire to create a personal Japanese garden of their own.


This greens in this garden got me thinking how the colour green can affect people.
 Green symbolises: life, nature, fertility and well being.


Green is the colour of nature, fertility, life.  
Grass green is the most restful colour.  
Green symbolises self-respect and well being.  
Green is the colour of balance.  
It also means learning, growth and harmony.  
Green is a safe colour, if you don't know what colour to use anywhere use green.


Green is favoured by well balanced people. 
Green symbolises the master healer and the life force.  
It often symbolises money.  It was believed green was healing for the eyes.  
Egyptians wore green eyeliner.  
Green eye shades are still used.  
You should eat raw green foods for good health.  Friday is the day of green.  
Green jade is a sacred stone of Asia.








Green contains the powerful energies of nature, growth, desire to expand or increase. Balance and a sense of order are found in the colour green.  
Change and transformation is necessary for growth, and so this ability to sustain changes is also a part of the energy of green.


Put some green in your life when you want:
 
a new state of balance
feel a need for change or growth
freedom to pursue new ideas
protection from fears and anxieties connected with the demands of others.




I hope you are relaxed after having walked round the 
Japanese-style garden with me.  
Thanks for joining me.

MANY THANKS TO ALL BLOGGERS
 who left me comments on  any of my blogs yesterday.

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous celebration of the colour GREEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully serene, easy walking, this must've been a great photo-shoot Margaret, so much to take in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Japanese garden is a dream!
    Beautiful.
    I love lilies. Tricks with water lilies are great.
    I admire your great photos.
    I send greetings from distant Polish.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating information Margaret. I didn't know there was so much to learn about the colour green. Lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, my first comment flew away from me unbidden. Fabulous greens, beautiful photos and post Margaret. (ULEAD STUDIO VIDEO 11)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos of this area are truly beautiful. My favorites are the color version of the water lily and the weed with the hanging-down things that so neatly divided the photograph into sections.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great set of images Margaret, looks shady there.


    peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE the pagodas and lanterns. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post Margaret and gorgeous photos. I am particularly fond of Japanese Gardens and found all this information so interesting. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this garden with us. I was fortunate to be able to visit several gardens when I lived in China and found them always to be very peaceful and serene. I still enjoy this type of garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photographs! All of them! Great post.
    Japanese gardens are my favorite. I've spent a lot of time there and am always amazed at the dedication and work involved. You are so right about the Chinese garden style influencing Japan. As with most things though, they have put their own stamp on it. Chinese gardens are also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A thoroughly enjoyable and gorgeous series of photos. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So serene and relaxing ... if it wasn't so hot and humid here at the moment I might have drifted off amongst all that peaceful green.

    Beautiful post and images Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the beautiful water lilies and the long thin plant, do not know what it is..I agree with you about green, and I did not know that the Egyptians wore GREEN eye liner!!! Hmmm...wonder if they made it out of grass?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos. Such a lovely place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Japanese gardens have always intrigued me. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful gardens. I LOVE GREEN... Interesting info you have written about green.... I never cared much for green as a color until I got interested in being out in nature, in gardening and in photography.. Now I love the GREENS of nature!!!! I love the early greens in spring ---and the darker greens of summer, especially after a nice rain!!!!! Thanks for a great post.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wild Japanese style, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos and garden. Thank you for sharing Margaret - a lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great. . I know something information, to know you can click here
    Lawn services Brisbane
    Lawn mowing services

    ReplyDelete