Friday 6 January 2023

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS AND THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Time for Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup and the letter A and Ample.  As many of you know I am in AUSTRALIA at present and was AMAZINGLY privileged to be in the Cairns Botanic Gardens on the day that the ASTONISHING rare Titan ARUM was blooming.  It was behind a high gate and had AMPLE room to grow and you could see this AMAZING event was the APPLE of this gardener's eye as he guarded it. I persuaded the guard to unlock the gate for me to go in and photograph it and the "luck of the Irish" did the trick.



AMORPHOPHALLUS titanum, the Titan ARUM, is a flowering plant in the family ARACEAE. It has the largest unbranched inflorescence in the world. The flowers have a long life span, 30-40 years, and they bloom quite rarely, on average every 7-10 years and below you can read the life cycle of this plant.
  

x

On the same day I discovered ANOTHER AWESOME multicoloured bark on a tree which I am showing you ABOVE.  Both these plants and others were  observed when I was out  with a group of birders.  My final shot is my STREET PHOTOGRAPHY of two of birders ADMIRING  a bird from AFAR.




   I hope you enjoyed this post today.

I appreciate your visit and comments.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you are having an amazing time - which is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one looks like a cartoon creature with large shoes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing plant and bloom ! I am glad you were able to see it. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, an amazing plant. Hope you have all great adventures in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!I Is this the one that smells really bad?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your large plant. Photo-wise the tree-lined walkway is my favorite.
    We have one large and one small and one a single plant, Eucalyptus beds in our backyard landscaping. The single plant is 'volunteer' and grows in front of a back bedroom window. They all froze, but from roots they should come up again to bloom, a red, a pink, and the one white.

    ReplyDelete