Friday 15 December 2017

FRIDAY'S HUNT and WEEKEND REFLECTION - Malawi

Once again it is time for FRIDAYS’ HUNT and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS.  
The prompts are the letter X, Craft and Growing.  Now you have to be very clever and perhaps squint your eyes to be able to see the large X in the image below.  This wall made totally of empty bottles is the most original form of CRAFT I have seen in a good long while but in Malawi they make use of everything they can.  



You can see in this shot above this time they have used the bottles to make a hedge for a vegetable plat where you see some plants GROWING.


I leave you with a REFLECTION image taken at sunset at Lake Malawi.

Many thanks for visiting and also for all the comments you leave.

11 comments:

  1. Your last picture is unbelievably gorgeous!! It is almost like a prayer. The wall is amazing! I wish I could see the X, but I can see all the triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree-- gorgeous. And I do like the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, as ever, Malawi.
    And a fascinating use of bottles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating pictures and use of these bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...a great way to use bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice "X", Margaret. And a good use for bottles. I have saved some bottles for making a bottle tree. Maybe this spring for a craft display.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, Loved last pic.
    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your pics...and will be back to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bottle wall! And to use it for a border of the plants is ingenious! We have grey squirrels living in our yard and neighborhood. I think their fur is prettier than the born or black.

    ReplyDelete