Tuesday 20 September 2016

WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY - Mount Stewart Lake

 These are a few birds I photographed at Mount Stewart Lake all over last weekend while I was working at a fantastic event called 'Conversations' which i will tell you about hopefully next week.  The birds were mostly Mallard, some Black headed Gulls, Little Grebe and 2 Mute Swans. I am linking this post with WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY.



I was really going to look for the 3 cygnets that I have shown you before however I only found 2 adult and was a bit worried as to what had happened to the cygnets.


On asked a member of staff, she told me that the 3 cygnets with their parents were chased away by these 2 interloppers.  However the swan family apparently  successfully arrived at Strangford Lough. 




I hope you enjoyed these few images and thanks for visiting.

Many thanks for also leaving any comments on this blog.

15 comments:

  1. I am so glad the swan family move was successful - and thoroughly enjoyed these shots. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images - relieved to hear the swan family moved on successfully. I look forward to hearing more about Conversations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Margaret, pretty shots of the swans and ducks. Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such peaceful looking scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful place! My favorite is picture #2. So the whole family was chased off...I hope they are doing well. I am assuming the little cygnets were able to fly yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful area to bird Margaret! Very peaceful locale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The interlopers clearly envied that lovely lake at Mount Stewart & muscled in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The duck is fun--coming and going. And of course the swans are fantastic. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. floating wisdom and calmness that is what i realize here ,your photos are fabulous and pleasure to soul thank you for sharing the joy dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely place to bird watch. Love the swans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the cygnets and their parents arrived safely in their new place after being chased away. My friend lives by a pond and some of the cygnets were killed this year by large turtles. They are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete