Friday 23 September 2016

FRIDAY'S HUNT and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - The Argory (Part 8 ) and Mount Stewart

This week’s word prompts are the letter M, Favourite and Work and I am joining Friday’s Hunt and Weekend Reflections to this post. Today I cover 2 National Trust Properties, the first images taken at The Argory in the East Hall and at the end of this post, me as I start in my new tee shirt to WORK during the whole weekend at Mount Stewart at a big event called ‘Conversations’.


This room lead off the West Hall and was not very big however there were plenty of MIRRORS with lots of REFLECTIONS as Edith Stafford, our guide gave us a wonderful insight into the history of the families who lived in this home.  Once again,, I leave you to pick a FAVOURITE..




This beautiful blue and white plaster freeze illustrates

‘The Combat of the Amazons’  


This is the view as we look back through the 
archway into the West Hall entrance.







This is a little room like a conservatory off the East Hall where the family came and sat in.


The National Property at Mount Stewart, Newtownards had a MASSIVE and MEMORABLE event over the whole weekend called Conversations where they had a fantastic series of very eminent speakers and performers taking part.  There were over 100 volunteers and all the staff that helped make this event so successful.  We all were asked to wear this tee shirt, with a smile, and a great attitude, we all were ‘Happy To Help’.


These shots above were taken at 8.00 am on MY way into WORK on the second day.  That day I was in the ‘Green Room’ where all the speakers and artists congregated and we looked after them, serving them with refreshments and seeing that they got to the place they were to speak or perform on time.  The first day, I was on a path outside the Coach House and as all visitors, speakers and artists passed on their way into Mount Stewart, my job was to welcome them and direct them to where they had to go.

I hope you enjoyed seeing a bit more from The Argory.

Many thanks for visitng and also to all who leave comments.

16 comments:

  1. Love the blue and white frieze - it looks like Wedgewood china.
    Your happy smiling self looks pretty stylish too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating.. thanks for sharing it all with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great photos again, Margaret! I am impressed that you found a coordinating purse to match your new T shirt! Very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "M"ost "M"arvolus "M"s "M"argaret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. visiting such classy places is always a unique feeling to me .you look awesome dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of reflections! Hard to pick a fav but I do love you and the way you are rocking that snazzy purse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful house to tour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful weekend experience for you at Mount Stewart.. "Conversations" sounded like something I would enjoy participating in... LOVE LOVE LOVE your t-shirt.... (You know how much I enjoy those kinds of shirts!!!!! ha)

    Beautiful post... What a gorgeous and historical place. Love the "Combat of the Amazons"... Great reflections.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very interesting place! Have a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been a nice tour. Nice shot of the Irish Lass at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are looking good in the Stewart House shirt, Margaret. It was nice that you could help. Nice for you also. My favorite is the small round table in the Argory wide hall close up.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite - either the hat stand (I'm crazy about hats) or those club chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Margaret; I truly enjoyed your tour at at The Argory, as these pictures give me really exotic feeling. The blue and white frieze is fantastic♪
    I admire the work you involved (or involve), T-shirt is wonderful♡♡♡

    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for continuing to give us such wonderful tours of the places you visit! That frieze is particularly stunning - it reminds me of some Wedgwood pieces my mother has. That t-shirt is a great colour on you - looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so nice to see you! Love those images. This is a wonderful trip. I think my favorite is the hats. Thanks so much for joining in Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice multiple reflection in the first image. And, nice to see you at the end :)

    ReplyDelete