Tuesday 30 October 2018

WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

These photographs of the Comb ducks were taken at Castle Espie, near Comber on October 2018.
They were first introduced into the WWT in 2013 and so far they have not bred.  in 2013, I wrote more about these wonderful ducks HERE and I also published a video on  the end of THIS POST if you are  interested in seeing that.

I am linking with WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY.





I hope you do not mind me linking material that I have previously published because I do not want to duplicate my work/posts.

Many thanks for your visit and also your comments.

13 comments:

  1. Wow--- that's another new one for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, they are cool looking ducks. Great photos. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting ducks, they look similar to muscovy ducks. and links are fine for me, i think they are a good way to add information!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your duck pictures are so good! We did not know each other back when you posted these duck photos, so I was glad to see them and learn their name. I have never heard of any ducks like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are unique birds. I like the iridescent qualities of the dark feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting looking bird. Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not familiar with Comb Ducks. Enjoyed watching your video. Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a new duck to me. They are lovely! Thank you for the links to your other posts. I am going to look at those next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s. thank you also for letting me know about my recent oatmeal cookie post. I have corrected them now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! It is a very interesting bird. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice reflection photos. Interesting looking bird.

    ReplyDelete