Friday 31 August 2018

THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

Time for The Weekend Roungup and Weekend Reflections and today it is the letter I and Inside. These first 5 images were all photographed at Birr Castle in Ireland.  I start with two different types of IRIS.  
The Flag IRIS and the Bearded IRIS.





I found it very INTERESTING to find that Laurence Parsons, 4th Earl of Rosse and his mother were eminent photographers and her darkroom, which is also on show, is believed to be the oldest surviving example in the world.  
It was lovely to be able to see the INSIDE of their darkroom.






This is the INSIDE of Quarr Abbey which I visited recently 
near Ryde on the Isle of Wight and below Dinky and I are INSIDE this forest.



Can you see Dinky’s lovely dark IRIS?


I leave you with these boats with their REFLECTIONS INSIDE Bangor Harbour.

Many thanks for visiting and also for your comments.

11 comments:

  1. Dinky is a beauty.
    Love, as I do every week, the reflections.
    And Quarr Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice grouping--- flowers, the old darkroom, The Abbey, and Dinky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful pictures, the flowers are spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful iris photos, including your dog's iris. Fine glass-like reflections in the harbor. Boats are often good for reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Dinky your dog? I have never seen him, he is so cute!! What a treat to see this old darkroom! With all the glass bottles for chemicals. And the Abbey is divine (that is sure a good pun!) I love the huge beautiful arches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Irises and wish I had a place to grow them better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, your Dinky seems to be a very nice dog, I like him (??) and I hardly know him. But he enjoys. I have a cartoon dog enjoying also today. My favorite is the Flag IRIS, it seems so royal yet demure. And you find really good reflections.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...gorgeous iris!
    ...when I was a boy I had a small darkroom.
    ...inside, both beautiful.
    ...Dinky doesn't smile much!
    ...wonderful harbor scene.
    Thank Margaret for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully diverse series of images Margaret and yes, incredible fascinating to see inside the darkroom, so completely different to today's high tech ✨

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great reflection and Dinky is so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the purple Iris flower, it's one of my favorites. Dinky doesn't look too happy...I enjoy your photos, the harbor scene is lovely, Margaret. Have a good week.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete