Monday 22 May 2017

THROUGH MY LENS

I have walked and shown you some of the ‘Wild Side’ of Mount Stewart before and in particular the natural play area but recently I walked even further round the Demesne and photographed the Bluebells although those shots due not do justice to their true beauty.  I am linking with Through My Lens.












Now that the National Trust now own all the  of the 1,000 acres of the Demesne, they can have a better control of the Grey squirrels  and they are winning the battle nowadays as more Red Squirrels have been seen  recently.  During part of the season they leave some food out for them and the rectangular grey area on the inside of the lid is a very cunning but simple method of detecting what coloured Squirrels are feeding here due to the fact that either grey or red hairs are left on the sticky surface of this tape.




13 comments:

  1. I love the wooden sculptures! They blend right in with the beautiful bluebells. The large tree and the bluebells around it is beautiful. Wonder how they keep the squirrels from getting stuck to the tape? I believe in a lot of places, grey squirrels have chased out the red ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bluebells and the sculptures. And hooray for the National Trust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rabbit or hare, and the landscapes, it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, pretty scenes. I love the bunny carvings. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super photography, Margaret. I love the wooden sculptures! The work in that first image is particularly wonderful.

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely area. The bluebells are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful images, Margaret. Interesting how they tell what squirrels are using the feeders by the different colored hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bluebells are so special. I would love to have a bunny carving in my yard -- I always think it is lucky to spot one (a real one) on my walks... I'd love the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a serious Wabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos. The vibrant greens are so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a place well worth a visit. Love the caraved feathers on the treetunks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting place and I love the rabbit statues! The flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete