Monday 20 February 2017

THROUGH MY LENS - Mount Stewart Demesne (Part 1)

Recently one of the rangers Toby, took myself  and other member on a guided walk round the Nationa Trust Demesne at Mount Stewart.  Last year they purchased the remaining acreage of the estate.  This is part 1 of the images I photographed that day, the remaining parts will be published on Wednesday and Thursday of this week.  Toby firstly showed us the play area which is totally natural and features all the creatures from a book called The Magic Ink Pot which Edith, Lady Londonderry wrote.  This book is being republished this year again.


This is the group of staff and volunteers listening while Toby explained how the whole demesne is laid out over the 1000 acres.  It will be exciting to be able to buy The Magic Inkpot and discover what part all these creatures played in the book.  Lady Edith wrote the book for her five children.  Enjoy and when it is published I will let you know how you can obtain a copy (some of you asked me about this when I played Nanny Stevenson at Mount Stewart in October when the book was referred to) 










 I think children will love playing and climbing in this area and I hope you enjoyed seeing part of it today.

I am linking this post with THROUGH MY LENS

Many thanks for visiting and also for leaving comments.

14 comments:

  1. What an interesting place for exploration. I agree it's perfect for children, they will have fun playing there. Thank you for sharing with "Through my Lens"

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love those wood carvings - looks a super place to walk and play :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sculpture. Great pictures and a story.
    Greetings,Margaret:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly loved seeing the play area. I spotted a cat. Amazing carvings from the natural wood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what a nice job of carving of all the creatures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun sculptures. I will bet the adults have a good time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome and magical! Some very talented people did a lot of work on these. They are totally delightful. YES, I WANT the book! Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those carvings/sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks very enjoyable, and those sculptures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a perfect spot for children to play and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing!! Such creative and gifted artists. Would love to visit here myself. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting place. Lovely dinosaur sculptures!

    ReplyDelete