Wednesday 25 January 2017

Mount Stewart Flowers

These are the flowers I found blooming this January as I walked round Mount Stewart Gardens last Saturday.  I was surprised to see quite a number of Rhododendron trees is full bloom with Camellia not far behind. There were the beautiful little Snowdrops and the Mahonia lighting up the gardens with the different colours of orange and red around the sometimes still green buds and other times the yellow flowers had burst forth.  The Hamamelis mollis was stunning but to my great surprise I found this gorgeous little Rose (last image) still delighting me with its blooms.   




















Many thanks for visiting and also for leaving comments on this post.

13 comments:

  1. Dearest Margaret; Oh, what beautiful flowers blooming in N. Ireland♡♡♡ I love the sweet Snowdrops with among others.
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Wow. Wow. So beautiful, Margaret!! Thank you for this bright spot. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, Margaret. I especially like the first one, the rose, and the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful blooms and colors but there is something so special and pure about white. our snowdrops are not too far off, i have a lot of spring bulbs that bloom in february!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all just beautiful!! I love the sweet little snowdrops. And the rhododendrons are huge!! This must be the perfect climate for all these flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Margaret!
    Fantastic photos.
    As usual, wonderful and interesting spring flowers
    I like them very much
    Kisses and greetings, Margaret.
    Blessed days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking great pictures of flowers isn't nearly so easy as people might think! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous collection of photos.Each flower has its own beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blooms Margaret. Can't wait to see ours but it is going to be a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so gorgeous...I am about ready for spring to arrive here. I have a good while to wait though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Already Spring! How gorgeous. (We used to grow rhodies when we lived in Oregon all year, but nowadays I never see them.... love your pictures and the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful - so much colour at this time of year if you know where to look :)

    ReplyDelete