Friday 16 September 2016

FRIDAY'S HUNT and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - The Argory ( Part 5 ) and Adress House Ponies

One again, time to join the meme’s Friday’s Hunt and WeekendRefection. We are looking at the letter L, Favourite shot and critter this week. In the REFLECTION shot below, how many LOVELY LAMPS  and the LADY/LADIES can you see?  This shot is taken in the Dining room of the National Trust property named The Argory.


I know the images below are very poorly lite however I thought you might like to see some of the very LONG corridors in The Argory and below is Edith Stafford who guided us round and had worked there many years and was able to tell us wonderful stories about when the house was lived in as her mother had worked for the family.






This is the LINE of bells, each one making a different sound and the servants were expected to know them all.


These are a few images of things I photographed in the bedroom (more about the bedroom another day).  They all belong to the LADIES in the house.  A LADYS vanity case, a LOVELY dress, button boots and 
a  selection of hats and shoes.






Upstairs I found this  plaster rose shaped from LEAVES on the ceiling.

This pony below is one of two that are on the farm at Ardress House and yesterday I showed a couple more shots of them and this video so in case you missed it, I have added it here again.  The VIDEO is my FAVOURITE this week. There are also unusual sheep, CLICK HERE to see them.   Tomorrow I am showing you the hens,  goose and donkey that also are on the farm.  





Someone asked me yesterday if the ponies did come over to me and as you can see below the answer is yes.  Another volunteer in our group took this shot when the one that was rolling on his back came over and I was able to feed him.


CLICK HERE if the video does not appear.



I hope you enjoyed this post.

Many thanks for visiting and also to all who leave comments.

23 comments:

  1. I like the pink theme in the bedroom. It must have taken women so long to get dressed, and all so painful. The vanity case looks like a doctor's bag...Adorable ponies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Elephants Child's comment.
    A servants life wasn't easy was it? Up early, to bed late and a lot of work in between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a comment from Ruth

    Looks like a grand tour. I especially like the donkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dear Margaret!!!!!!!
    thanks to you again, I saw something fantastic.
    Great post as always.
    I kiss and wish you a happy weekend.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  5. The interior is fascinating with so much to see and explore.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pony enjoying a roll is fantastic! You're doing so well with your videos - here's a quote from my conference last weekend: 81% of all internet traffic by 2020 will be video! which just goes to show you're on a winning roll Margaret!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tour. A place for charmed living and fine craftsmanship - if you were a member of the ruling class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would hate to try and squish my toes into those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic huge mirror for a great reflection shot, Margaret and I love the line of bells!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet baby rolling in the grass! A lovely place of such fine collections in fashion and such.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow an interesting look into another time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I just watched an episode of Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed all of these Margaret. You got a really nice capture of the pony rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos of the interior of the house Margaret and the pony is so sweet. Have been away for a few days so just off now to catch up the rest of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad I didn't live in those times, far too much effort over dressing but I suppose I would have had a servant to help. Loads of things of interest there Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, "L"oads of "L"s and some stout ponies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delightful and interesting place to visit. I loved seeing the collection of artifacts. I wonder what it would have been like to live in place like that in the era when such things were a part of everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet ponies and just can't imagine living in a place like that. Your photos are amazing as always and I loved the video. Thank you Margaret :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting place...I agree with Janice above- very similar vibe with Downton Abbey, which by the way- I loved! Cute little ponies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Margaret, for today's tour. I like horses, I road a horse to my first two years of high school. The video of the younger(??) smaller pony was just great!!!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm late visiting this week! I loved your wonderful post - so much to see! The ponies were especially sweet. I loved the green dress, too, and all the fancy hats. How on earth did the servants get to know all the bell sounds. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That house is amazing! Love those long halls. I can just feel all the history in the place. The ponies are adorable. Love the image of the one rolling and enjoying the day. Thanks so much for joining me for Friday's Hunt. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete