Friday 12 August 2016

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS and FRIDAY'S HUNT - Blessingbourne House

Once again it is time for Friday’s Hunt and Weekend Reflections and this week the letter is G, Favourite and Wheels.  Mainly I have 2 videos for you to illustrate G and Wheels so bear with me.  All these shots and video were taken when I, as a GRANNY I took my daughter adn GRAND CHILDREN to Blessingbourne House for 4 days while they were home from Malawi.  We had a ball and wonderful place for a family holiday.


This is Crunchie, a Pygmy GOAT who loves his ears scratched..  He was called Crunchie  because he grinds his teeth and last ime I was at Blessingbourne he had a another goat friend but he died of a stroke.  The clip shows Daniel having fun feeding Crunchie. If the video which included some hens (more about themm next week) does not appear below, CLICK HERE.



GO, GIRL GO!
We bailed out this rowing boat and had several rows on the lake but on this occasion I was on my own so it was extremely difficult to take a photograph when I was rowing but after putting the camera on 2 buckets and on the other seat, then not wobbling the boat, I managed it!



I have hundred of reflection shots from the lake
 but I will leave you with this one today. My FAVOURITE things to do at Blessinbourne House was to row by myself on the lake. So peaceful.


At Blessingbourne House, we always seem to be on WHEELS of some description as there was fabulous Mountain Bike Trails but more about that another day.  There was a half covered area with all kinds of ‘things’ to ride as well as a table tennis equipement and so I am showing you a video of the family having fun doing just that. Below I am trying to teach Annika to ride a bike (more of that another day also).  


If the video does not appear below, CLICK HERE.




I am liking this post with FRIDAY'S HUNT and WEEKEND RFLECTIONS.

I hope you enjoyed the fun of this post and thanks for visiting.

Many thanks to all who leave comments.

26 comments:

  1. Your grandchildren are so happy and full of joy and fun. I have never seen a pygmy goat, he is so cute! You are very inventive in getting shots of yourself! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo of your determined self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful grand girl and her grand children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures of you and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lake is really nice. Looks like you had a great time :)

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful children (and Grandma, of course!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, great post and photos. I like the shots of you rowing and your cute grandchildren. The goat and chickens are adorable too. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done for persevering and being so inventive to capture the shot you wanted!
    Blessingbourne is a great place for lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos and videos of fun with your grandchildren. I liked the one of you in the boat. Very clever how you set that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful time you are having with your grand kids. Rowing boat and riding a bike are healthy activities and great bonding opportunities. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for you... Love that picture of you in the boat.... GO Girl GO.......

    Great "G" pictures and Favorites AND Wheels.... Love this Friday post.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great selfie of you while rowing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post and especially your creative steps to take the selfie of your smiling face.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Margaret!
    I love your wonderful posts and great pictures.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  15. it looks like a fun time was had by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The rooster seems quite well-behaved. The shot of you in the rowboat is quite dynamic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That rowing will keep you fit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Go girl go! Excellent shots! :-) The two boat photos are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your little red head looks like my little Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice pictures, as usual, Margaret. Thank you for the selfie, it's about the best I've seen for a long while. I was not aware of Pygmy goats. Are you sure this one isn't a "she" as I think she is pregnant? Really overweight if not. Not, I don't generally grind my teeth unless the new bridge makes me do it. Thank you for the warning.
    Did you know that we had a beer drinking goat for a mayor of one of our small Texas towns? He died a few years ago, Google him. "The Trading Post in Lajitas, a town of about 100 along the Rio Grande River near Big Bend National Park, and get some long neck beers. Buy them, then feed them to Clay Henry, the beer-drinking goat. - See more at: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2227#sthash.wUA0UCML.dpuf"
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like everyone had a really fun time - great photos. You did so well to get one of yourself rowing :) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful pictures and video's. Looks like you all had quite the fun time. Loved the chickens and the goat...Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like you all had a super time at Blessingbourne House. What a beautiful spot. You did get a marvelous shot of yourself in the rowboat! Well done! Mine would have been all blurry and wonky.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such lovely photos!! The photo of lake is really quite peaceful!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  25. That does look like a beautiful place for a vacation! The idea of rowing on a lake sounds so delightfully peaceful. Thank you so much for joining in Friday's Hunt. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete