Friday 15 July 2016

Mount Stewart - Friday's Hunt and Weekend Reflections

Once again it is time for Friday’s Hunt and Weekend Reflections and this week the word prompt are the letter is C, Favourite and Unique Perstective.  All the images were taken either taken inside Mount Stewart House or in the grounds.


Above is a shot looking over the back stairs and you can see the CURLY CIRCLES in the wrong iron uprights of the bannisters, as well as the wooden CURVE of bannister itself.  There is a CIRCULAR table below which many years ago used to be in the Central Hall with a Constance Spry type  arrangement overflowing it.   
The 2 portraits  on the left and Mary and Robert COWAN.


After a delicious lunch we all decided to go for a walk around the lake and I thought this shot showed an UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE of the lake from under the wonderful red COLOUR of the Maple tree. 


I have shown you many wonderful posts over the past 3 years from Mount Stewart Gardens however this image has an UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE and of course a CIRCULAR trunk.  I love the CURVE of the branches.


This is a CLOSE up, indeed an UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE view of this wildflower and you notice all the secondary stems are COMING from a CENTRAL point. 
I will leave you with 3 reflections images from Mount Stewart Lake.  





I hope you enjoyed the images I chose for this weeks word prompts.


Although I will be publishing scheduled posts, I will NOT be commenting on blogs until after 31 July as my family are home from Malawi.


Hopefully you will find time to read some of the posts during this time and I hope to read as many of your as time premits.

Many thanks for visiting and also to those who leave comments.

23 comments:

  1. I love the wrought iron railing, and the color of the walls. How pretty the leaves are in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. The water lily in particular is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful selection of images Margaret - have a lovely time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, pretty collection of images. The swan and waterlily are beautiful. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your shot looking up the side of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful shot up the tree!
    Have a great weekend Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what wonderful photos! The top one is my favorite! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Margaret,
    those are wonderful Reflections that I like very much.
    Especially the swan it did to me.
    Greetings Eva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your shot of the lotus flower and its reflection. The other reflections are lovely also. The swan is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, Margaret. Enjoy your family ! I loved this post. I wouldn't have noticed most of the things (C and unique perspective) if you hadn't pointed them out. Have a blessed family time. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the angle of the pond flower and its reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are some interesting shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You nailed that 'unique perspective' for sure -- I almost couldn't take my eyes off that interesting photo. But Im glad I did -- the rest of the post was just as interesting. What a neat place!! Have a wonderful time with your family (I know I don't need to tell you that!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I "C" that you did a fabulous job with "C". Do a "D" lightful job with "D".

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice selection of images you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those reflections Margaret and your Puffin header is stunning!! Wishing you a greatly blessed time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always fun seeing your weekly selections.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Mount Stewart House and Garden are beautiful, Margaret. We've been fairly close, to Ayr (Scotland) and around and down to Turnberry, and to Isle of Man, but never have visited North Ireland (have been to Ireland though, even northern part).
    The first picture, the staircase is to die for!!! Our layout is similar, but not the mechanics. Ours is wider and carpeted and does have the CURLY CIRCLES in our wrong iron uprights of the bannisters, but no curves on the wooden bannister itself. We have a very old French upright open-up desk below. I know of the Cowan's but not very much.
    The garden pictures are also nice, such a beautiful place. If we should get to Northern Ireland it is a place I would want to go. Our SIL has been there to play golf back when they lived in London.
    Enjoy your family, I am so glad they could come. I will miss your visits and wonderful comments but will understand. I hope I can entice you back again in August [I postponed my taxes until then, I may also be avoiding comments?? :)]. Thank you.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  19. A bounty of fine shots. I must UP my own game! Certainly understand about your absence - tho your comments will be missed - by many I'm sure. Enjoy your family

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely staircase! The red leaves make a great frame for the lake view. Lots of great photos, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful pictures and phantastic reflections! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful series of images. The banister is beautiful! Love the swan. Thank you so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete