Friday 15 April 2016

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS and FRIDAY'S HUNT.

Apart from the video at the end, all the images were taken recently at Mount Stewart, the National Trust property near Newtownards, Northern Ireland.  I am linking with Weekend Reflections and Friday's Hunt.  The word prompts this week are the letter P, a favourite image (I am letting you decide that) and In Motion.  


Above is an image of a PURPLISH, PRETTY PRIMULA ‘Elizabeth Killelay’.


I often see PHEASANTS in the woodland areas of Mount Stewart Estate.  


In the Italian garden, you can see that the gardeners are PROTECTING some of the more tender plants from frost damage during the wintertime.  
Below are some more reflection images from around the lake.


This image were taken at a Japanese area along the lakeside path where the gardeners have made 2 new beds on either side of the path, of a number of varieties of Primula. (like the first image)









Now, I had several images in my mind to illustrate 'In Motion', however, apart from the video at the end, this is the image I decided on. Below is the original (well nearly) of new Rose growth and above is how I interrupted the word, 
IN MOTION. 


I shot this short video recently when I was on a plane.  CLICK HERE if the video does not appear below.  Apart from it fulfilling the word In Motion it also starts with the letter P! 



I hope you enjoyed all the photographs I chose for the word prompts and reflections this week.

Many thanks for visiting and also to all who leave comments.

33 comments:

  1. Love the primula and the pheasant. And I always love the reflections. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic pictures. I love the reflektion of the tree in the water mostly. So very wonderful. I think it was a nice walk.
    Best regards and happy weekend
    susa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful series of pictures, nice area to take a walk.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures of the reflection and natural scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful reflections on the water !!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great video you captured. The lake shots are equally thrilling.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful images Margaret, it's hard to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Margaret, gorgeous reflections and scenes. Lovely series of photos. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see pheasants. Such a cool looking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splendid images Margaret. It's hard to imagine that the gardens can look even more lovely in the summertime but I'm certain they are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,Margaret,
    Beautiful reflections. It would be a perfect place to walk!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All lovely shots , particularly the lake reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photos Margaret, and I think the pheasant is such a gorgeous bird!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am enjoying your lake reflections. Well seen and photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The lake and gardens look intereting.... lovely shots.....thanks for sharing this...
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful images.Of course the reflections are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great area and wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a peaceful, beautiful place! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha, what an amazing propeller in motion video, I would be looking at that all the time out of the window, it would be rather good for meditation, unless of course it stopped going round - yikes! I love your new rose growth, fabulous would make a lovely birthday card, actually I feel it sums up my life to a T at the moment - in a whizz!!! Your other photos are beautifully calm and peaceful, I have never seen a primula like that!
    Have a lovely weekend - thank you for all your visits to me I always love to see you at my place!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely garden and nice reflections too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful place to visit. That primula is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The propeller is perfect for 'in motion' and begins with 'P', a great choice. I assume it to be a Flyby Dash 8...The Japanese gardens are especially beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What pretty petals on the Primula! Lots of beautiful reflections, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have many photos from Mount Stewart myself from a trip to Ireland a couple of summers ago as it was a photographer's paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful series! There is no way I could choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your "In Motion" picture ... definitly a bird, right? And the propeller ... hmmm, the ones I have seen are just a blur. I assume this one was going fast enough to keep you in the air :) All of your pictures are lovely and you always have great reflections. Love it all, Margaret :)_

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite is the pheasant!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice birds outside your window. I know they are common for you but how lovely!

    ReplyDelete