Friday 1 April 2016

FRIDAY'S HUNT and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

These are the photographs for FRIDAY’S HUNT and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS.  The prompts are the  letter N ,Vintage and you can choose your own favourite today.   The vintage car was shot as I walked down the Esplanade at Cowes on the I.O.W and where I have just returned from.  All the others are when I went down to my old caravan to cut the grass on my return home. 



Vintage 


Nose



These are shots I took as I walked from the caravan a short distance over the causeway to Sketrick Island where there is a great coffee shop and restaurant called Daft Eddy's.




Now you might wonder why I put this shot in?  Well this is a challenge for YOU!  It is taken as I sit at Daft Eddy’s and my caravan is in the shot however it is very hard to see.  I wonder can you see it? Clue - the door of the caravan is open and it is in a field all on its own behind a bungalow.  




OK,  since Sue from EC could not find the caravan, I have added another shot to help you find it. Another clue - look at bungalow just over RHS of island!


These Pale -bellied Brent geese surely will soon be leaving for their breeding grounds however it was lovely to see them looking so good before that trip.

Now do you have a favourite and did you find my old caravan?

Many thanks for your visit and also to all who leave comments.

25 comments:

  1. No, no caravan found.
    Love the geese and Daft Eddie's is a wonderful name for a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous old vintage car, love cars like that. saw ya on google + had to stop by to say hello. have a lovely weekend. take care. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope can't find it, what a beautiful spot to have your caravan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Margaret, lovely scenes and photos. I love the tree reflections and the Brant geese.
    Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, you must have included your vintage car photo just for me. It raised my heart rate. This is an MG TC (1945-50) which came originally with a 1250cc OHV motor producing 54.5 bhp connected to a four speed manual transmission. It was quite sporty at the time, and is fast enough to keep up with traffic today, so long as it is kept off expressways. MG only produced 10,001 of these cars, so they are not common. Most of the production was imported into the U.S. making it the most common foreign car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so green. What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots!

    I think I see your caravan. Is it parked in front of some trees? The larger tree is on the right and there is a grassy field behind the trees?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might just have found it. it isindeed very difficult to see unless you take the shot, enlarge it and find the caravan.

      Delete
  8. Classic reflections. So satisfying

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great set of reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting geese! And a gorgeous old MG! Around San Francisco, MG's like that one, TC's etc, were among the very first imported cars to be seen---aside from occasional Jag or RR. That was the early 50's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice old MG and a lovely Hereford Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely series of photos...and of course my favorite has to be the geese!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great area. Love the old car and the Bent goose :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots and I love the vintage car :) Think may just have found your caravan with the help of a magnifying glass :) Its in a beautiful location :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done. I have to say it was very difficult. I must take a closer shot but when I am on the road then you cannot se my caravan. A lovely spot, peaceful and quiet.

      Delete
  15. Nice pictures, Margaret, my favorite here is the MG, followed by the cow which I think is an Aberdeen. We saw a lot of those up in Aberdeen, Scotland. We haven't been to the I.O.W. But did sail past it a couple of times out of Southampton. We finally made it to Wales last year to round out our U.K. visits over the last ten years. Made it to the I.O.M. In 2007. I'd recommend it if you haven't been. My ancestors came from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, my daughter and family live on I.O.W. So I am there often. Pity you did mot visit N.Ireland, perhaps next time.

      Delete
  16. Great N photos, especially the nose.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the vintage MG, a quintessentially English name that will always remain British to me despite the Chinese ownership...what a lovely nose on the demure cow. 'N' can stand for 'nice bovine' too...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the car and the water shots.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The nose photo and resulting owner were awesome for the 'N' prompt this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the nose shots! :) I've never been able to get a good one, as our cows are too curious as soon as they see the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I couldn't see the caravan :(....my favourite is the vintage MG...reminds me of my mum...her initials were MG and she used to tell me the car was named for her. She had a tiny little gold MG charm on her bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love, love, love the nose! Makes me miss my cows. Beautiful watery scenes. That is a great vintage car. Thanks so much for joining me for Friday's Hunt, Margaret. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete