Thursday 18 February 2016

GOOD FENCES - South Africa

 I showed you yesterday the animals I found behind this restaurant (Ostrich and Rhinoceros) but today I am showing the restaurant that the workmen were putting a thatched roof on.




Below are my friends Martin and Marie who I had been staying with at their home in Johannesburg, South Africa..  Marie and I started our training as nurses nearly 55 years ago. (I know, you didn’t think I was this ancient!). 
Marie had packed a gorgeous picnic.


Sorry about the blue tinge to these photographs. 
I had the wrong setting on my camera!

I am linking this post with GOOD FENCES
.

Thanks for your visit and also to all those who  leave me comments.

10 comments:

  1. Love it. And surely you meant 5.5 years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing thatch roof! Great that you were able to spend that time with a dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that roof is pretty steep and large!

    (i wasn't sure if you were back, so i linked you in this morning.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool that you visit, I have a Nursing friend who lives in Durban, I keep thinking one day a visit is in order...you are an inspiration for this kind of thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting to see thatched roof as it is being worked on.
    Old friends are the best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many decades ago in Ireland the poor people lived in houses with thatched roofs. These days only the wealthy can afford them. Interesting how times and styles change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always glad to run into another nurse. I have been retired many years and had planned to travel more but it is getting less and less. Have nun friends who are in Botswana and they visit their Motherhouse in my hometown. Your photography is great. Hubby and I bird watch but just in our backyard. So glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's a lot of work on that roof. How nice to spend time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice you get to travel and enjoy so many interesting places. When my husband was alive we traveled a lot, but no more since just me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Margaret!:)It's lovely that you can spend time with old friends you have known for so long. I have seen thatched rooves before in the UK, but never like this steep sided one.

    ReplyDelete