Monday 5 October 2015

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY

Below are my photo contributions to the 5 word prompts this week. I hope you enjoy what I have come up with.  Below is my utensil drawer and many of them I have used in cooking for nearly 50 years!


1. Cooking Utensils

This utensil is a hand blender and is used to puree down cooked food.




2. Stairs
Above are stairs I photographed at the National
 Trust property of Mount Stewart House, near Newtownards, Northern Ireland and the painting on the wall is the last painting that George Stubbs the English artist painted .  I have a short video that I made when the guide very kindly explained the history behind it and if you are interested in seeing this 

CLICK HERE if the video does not appear below.



Below, are stairs of a spiral staircase.




3. Weather 
I was on the Copeland Islands last weekend and above is the sunset I saw shortly after arriving in the evening and below is dawn just before the sun  came up the next morning.



4. New
These are new bulbs I am planting this year so that I have a lovely display next spring in the garden.
Below are elegant glittery new evening shoes and handbags to match, I saw in a shop the other day.




5. Part of

Sadly part of the butterfly above is missing but it is near the end of the season. 
Below is part of a fence that I have to say has seen better days. 


I hope you enjoyed my choice of photographs this week and I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.

I am linking this post with SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY.

Many thanks for visiting and also to those who leave comments.

15 comments:

  1. Your utensils look a lot like mine. They do last a long time. I love my immersion blender, it is so handy to blend berries or pumpkin soup right in the pot, no pouring hot liquids into the blender. I would love to have such a lovely staircase in my house, and fancy painting. Lovely sky photos, nice bulb selection, I don't try to plant many bulbs except daffodils since the voles tend to eat them. The shoes are elegant but I'm not willing to shove my feet into such pointy toes. It's always sad finding a delapidated butterfly, they are such fragile creatures. Great bunch of shots, Margaret! You get to visit so many cool places there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my stick blender! The stairs are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first stairs are fancy. I like the dizzying view of the spiral stairs and your bubls. I grew up with crocus, snowdrops, lilacs but where I live now is too hot for them. Some of those shoes I don't care for but others and the handbags are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Margaret. Your post is BRILLIANT. I drooled at the staircases; especially the spiral one! Love the sunset and of course, the evening shoe and bag displays caught my eye too. Thanks for sharing. Blessings Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's an assortment of pictures! The combination was most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margret,
    Great shots. Love the sunset and sunrise. The bulbs will be beautiful in the spring.
    Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever use of the prompts.
    The circular staircase reminds me of the inside of shells.
    Looking forward to seeing your spring bulbs bloom.
    And your utensil drawer is MUCH tidier than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos to go along with the prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your scavenger hunt. Your utensil drawer is so neat! What a beautiful railing on that staircase. Nice sky shots, too. Your garden should be quite lovely come spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices for your scavenger shots. Love your older utensils. The last shot is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great selection, your utensils door is far too tidy for the likes of me ;-0 but perfect for my hubby...impressive that you've kept them that long as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your choices of photos for the meme is wonderful. Your utensils older than 50-year-old are beautiful neatly kept in the drawer, the spiral of stair case made me feel like that I am drawn in to whirlpool, and both sunrise and sunset are breathtaking. My favorite is the last image.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the spiral staircase and the sunset shots are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by Tots and Me and leaving a comment on my Scavenger Hunt Sunday. Love your utensil drawer. I couldn't think of anything else to do for utensils. I have to say, I really love both staircases, but I think I like the spiral picture a bit more. Great shots. Hope to see you again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete