Saturday 5 September 2015

SATURDAY CRITTERS - Dogs

­­­These are some dogs that I have come across while out and about. I did ask the owners all their names however now I cannot remember them so just enjoy seeing them.  The one below is a only 18 months old and a real softy.



Met these 2 dogs the other day when I was walking round Sketrick Island, near where my old caravan is situated.



Met these 2 dogs and their family when 
I visited Mount Stewart House and Gardens.


This dog was on the ferry to Rathlin Island.


This little chap was on Bangor Pier.


As you know, I often walk through Castle Park and I met this gorgeous fellow.



This big guy was on Bangor Pier.

This Sheepdog lives on a farm I visit near my old caravan.


I was in my car the other day coming home when I spied this fabulous 9 week old Boxer pup.  I stopped to ask if I could photograph him however it was nearly impossible as he was determined to lick me to death with kindness!!  
Don't think I did too bad considering all the jumping and licking!!



These two dogs were friends whom I met when I was having coffee (and a chocolate muffin, don't tell!) at Bangor Walled Garden on Sunday.



This little dog was a real poser.


These two dogs I photographed when 
I was having my lunch at Portavogie Beach the other day.



These two dogs I photographed when

I was visiting the National Trust village at Kearney last Monday.



Well this dog was not impressed by me taking his photograph 
but sticking his tongue out I thought was going a bit far and very rude!


This boxer greets you as your enter the Crawfordsburn Inn. He is a magnificent sculpture and I have to say, he gave me no trouble when taking his photograph!

I am linking with SATURDAY CRITTERS.

I hope you enjoyed this selection of dogs so thanks for visiting.

Many thanks for all who leave comments on this post.

33 comments:

  1. My goodness that Boxer is so cute! All adorable the images you captured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful selection of dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    I especially like the two large dogs with the little children.
    Have a great week-end!
    Lea
    PS. I had a bit of trouble getting your link on Camera Critters to work. You might want to check it. Of course, the problem might be with my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Lea Many thanks for your comment and telling me that the link was not working. For the first time, I linked it in from my IPad just as they told me to do and it all went through OK but that is no good to me if it will not go through to my web site!! I was hoping that when I travel, I would not have to carry my laptop if I could do everything on my IPad!! Obviously that is NOT going to happen now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Margaret; I've lost my 6 year old Shetland sheep dog before my 30's. These sweet doggies made me wish to HAVE one but... so afraid to experience the grief again (^^;) Picture second from the last gave me warm smile♪
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic selection of dogs! Have a great weekend! Greetings from France!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret
    Thank you for a lovely post.
    I love dogs. I love them.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Greetings from Poland.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely selection of pooches but I love the one you saw on the ferry, if it could talk I bet it would have some stories:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Margaret, what a cute post. I love all the dogs, they are all adorable. The two big newfoundlands with the family are beautiful. I really miss having a dog.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice collection of dog portraits!
    They all look loving!
    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a selection of dogs! They all look like posers to me and you caught so many great expressions on their faces!
    My favourite is the dog in the sea at Portavogie.
    Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I laughed out loud when I read that you had asked the owners for their dog's names and then forgot! Ha! I totally get that! You sound so much like me. These are wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hari OM
    A perfect pack of pictures!!! I too like to ask random folks to photograph their dogs and most are quite happy about it - though it does bring some quizzical looks! Happy weekend to you Margaret. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Margaret, what a wonderful selection of photos you captured. Each dog has it's own personality seen in the pics. I had to smile at the one sticking out his tongue. Too cute.
    These pics really make me miss my Golden who passed away 3 years ago already. We raised 4 Golden Retrievers.
    Have a wonderful weekend. cm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful collection of adorable dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOL when I saw the dog sticking his tongue out ... oh how my Izzi would love to do that to me when she sees me coming with my camera. All of your dogs are wonderful and you have taken very flattering shots of them. Great post, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  17. a great variety of large and small - and some REALLY large! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Margaret, what an absolutely BRILLIANT post with all these dogs. When I was on the Isle of Man I took umpteen photos of the dogs with their masters (I even had their photos published in a magazine when I wrote about the races for an adventure magazine. The first dog (a lab?) looks just like our Labrador pup. Excellent critter post - I love dogs and these were super duper photos ! Thanks for sharing. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  19. awwwww.....such sweet puppy dog faces. I was going to pick a favorite but it can't be done !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All wonderful doggies--- But I loved the boxer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful collection of dogs, Margaret! I smiled all the way through the post, thinking each one the cutest, until I went to the next. I even loved the little guy with his tongue out. Nice of the last one to make things so easy for you :) A favourite? Perhaps the family shot, just because the love all around was impossible to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All sizes, shapes and colors - cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet collection of poochies, Margaret!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wide range of dogs you found! The family is adorable with their 2 large dogs. The fourth from the bottom is a real heart-melter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful dogs and so many varieties! gotta love puppy licks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice selection of a set of really different looking dogs. But I think the last one seem sad and don´t like the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these beautiful creatures :)))
    Fantastic shots ! Have a nice Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  28. absolutely fantastic shots, i enjoyed it so much looking at them!!! happy sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You found a wonderful collection of dogs there Margaret. I bet you wanted to take each one of them home with you. I like the big guy best.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful selection of dogs! I love dogs, but I must admit that I think some of these are cuter than others. :-)

    ReplyDelete