Wednesday 10 September 2014

Sligo trip with church group in May 2014.

These are some of the photographs I took over the weekend at the beginning of May this year, when our church walking group, under the leadership of Derek Polley went away for the weekend to Sligo in Ireland.  There were over 30 of us and we all thorougly enjoyed it as the hotel, weather, and company were excellent.  Derek is a great bird watcher and of course during our walks we had our binoculars to the ready.  I would like to thank Derek here for lending me his 2 books on Malawian birds as it has been invaluable to me while I have been here.  Derek has visited Malawi on several occasions.
























I hope you enjoyed the photographs that I took during our walks in Sligo.

I was to be flying to to Kenya today and then on to Joburb in South Africa airline, however they have put that flight on to Thursday so I am here for another day with the family which is great.  Yet another adventure and  good friends awaits me on Thursday at midnight in Jobbirg and MORE photographs!

Thanks for visiting and also for leaving any comments.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a marvelous walking trip, Margaret. Great series of photos. I love the blue building, covered bridge and old gate. Have a safe trip to Kenya, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty blue house! Nice match with those blue flowers.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all just magnificent and I am blown away!! I love the blue cottage, and is that grape vines under it? Your perspective of that tree trunk is awesome. All of the green paths are so verdant, alive, and make me want to walk down them. I believe I see Spanish Scilla here. i love the molds. This is one of your best posts, thanks for letting me walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a 'traveling lady' for sure!!!! BUT--oh the memories you are making. Sligo looks like a great place --and I'm sure you had a fantastic time... SO many terrific photos!!! Thanks.

    Have fun in Africa...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sights.Everything looks so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete