Tuesday 22 July 2014

WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY - Peregrine with chicks on Copeland Island (2)

I was out early on Saturday morning on Copeland Island and was going to go down to the ‘loo with a view’ to the left of the cliff, however I stood looking to the right and much to my amazement I saw one of the Peregrine chick on that path that had obviously recently fledged.  It just sat there looking at me and unfortunately I moved to get a bit closer to it and it took to the air.  So as it was very misty I decided to walk down the left hand side of the cliff and these photographs I am showing you today, were taken over the day.  





It was very misty that morning and tomorrow 
you will see just how misty it was!


I am adding this shot in to show you where one of the chicks was sitting when I photographed it.  The black hole in the middle of the shot is where it was.






























The adults were up in the air most of the day and it was wonderful to have seen both chicks at one time sitting together on the cliff edge when I was looking up from the shore.





I hope you were as excite d to see these magnificent Peregrine chicks as I was.  I have never been this close to the Peregrine chick that was on the path to the left of the cliff.

You may access the video of the Peregrines at 

 http://youtu.be/K1JZl_DGRZE

If there is a black space below, click it and the video will appear.



Tomorrow I will take you down the right hand side of the cliff and show you Puffin, Razorbill, Black Guillemot and much more!   

I am linking this post with WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

Thank you for not only visiting and also to those bloggers who leave comment on this post, Facebook or Google +.

35 comments:

  1. fabulous photo opportunity Margaret; I'd have spent ages clicking away with you! What camera/lens are you using for these shots? I noted one of the birds was banded too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Carole Glad you enjoyed this post. My camera is a Lumix Panasonic FZ 28 I only use the 1 camera these days. It is light for me to carry. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Margaret, it was cool to see the Peregrine chicks...what a neat experience. Love the video and the photos. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Margaret - absolutely stunning, particularly those ones with the blue sky in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, magical moments and shots, these birds have such huge eyes and such thick stubby legs, and a super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an exciting sighting!! beautiful close-ups of those impressive tallons!! wonderful captures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A marvelous series on this amazing bird. I especially like the closer in shots that show how he "eyes" the camera person. It looks like you did a major hike to get some of those shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are such beautiful birds. You got some great shots there, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing shots! What an exciting experience and sighting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic photos of the Peregrine... They look like they are STARING at you intently ---or maybe trying to talk to you... ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic shots! Love that you got to get so close.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....I am at a loss for words...incredibly stunning!!! All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an AMAZING thing to see. What a privilege. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great series of photos. It must have been really wonderful to see the chicks that close and to be able to watch the adults as well. The landscape looks amazing also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Margaret, how fabulous for you to have seen these birds! Your photos are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was certainly the chance of a lifetime Margaret. You didn't waste the opportunity though and your pictures are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous shots of this special bird.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is asuch a lovely bird and you share lots of gorgeous shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning series of photos and wonderful falcons.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful shots, Margaret! I especially like the shot where they are looking at you head-on. Such a unique perspective! Gorgeous birds!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Must be great to have accessible peregrines like this.................

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are lovely! What good luck you had seeing the chicks like this! Thanks for comments at my place. I wish you a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What amazing, amazing photos you got! Clear, sharp and beautiful! And the misty photos...I can almost feel the damp air on my face. I love his yellow feet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful photos! It's a very handsome bird.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such powerful and smart birds - these qualities really stand out in your photos too. I could easily have spent a whole morning watching them, and I imagine there are some impressive stooping kills being unleashed on the seabirds of the area!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fantastic photo opportunity for you, and you did a great job with all these fab shots of these magnificent birds of prey.

    ReplyDelete
  27. sorry, I completely forgot then name in my post. The bird is a Crow
    Your Serie is perfekt and great !
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jutta I thought it probably was a Crow but just wanted it confirmed. Many thanks for getting back to me. Have a great day.

      Delete
  28. wow- fantastic shots...I wish I could come down the cliff with you tomorrow to see all the birds!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely thing to see! I have yet to find one nesting but these are amazing birds making a comeback after years of being endangered.

    ReplyDelete