Wednesday 23 July 2014

Copeland Island in June (3) - Misty morning!

Saturday dawned to a very heavy mist surrounding Copeland Island however I went down to see if I could find any Puffins in the Sound. (this is after I saw the Peregrine chicks- see yesterday's post).  Now you may wonder why I have posted these photographs surrounded in mist but I wanted to record them for myself!  However I did take video which you will see at the end of this post and I think you can see Puffin, Razorbill, Black Guillemot and Eider better on that.  When I realised the mist was not lifting I turned round to look up at the tall cliffs and photographed the Fulmars who were not surrounded in mist!




Eider


Razorbill and 1 Puffin on front left


Puffin





Black Guillemot


Oystercatcher




Fulmar


I have posted on the Fulmar before (see labels) but if you wanted to LEARN more about this particular bird, CLICK HERE and this post will give you more information.






I hope, even though the photographs were not great that you enjoyed the birds that I did see and now the video can be accessed at

http://youtu.be/dDFyG1GCMXg

(Correction - Nine and  Richard are students from Glasgow University)

If there is a black space below, click it and the video will appear.



Thank you for not only visiting but also to those bloggers who leave comment on this post or google +.

19 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, Margaret! The mist makes them look magical and mysterious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the mist adds a special touch to these images. You did manage to capture many lovely birds despite the bad weather.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret, awesome photos.. I love the Puffins, they are so cute.. The Razorbill are cool birds too. Great video.. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Puffins and long to see them in real. Last year we were within 100 miles of them on Washington coast, but area was closed for Government Shutdown. This year, thought about seeing them in Maine, well they have already flown back out to sea...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even in the mist these images are great. The beauty of the Oystercatcher really stands out in misty weather. and you have some great captures of the Puffins, a bird I would really love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the mist in the photos Margaret - it makes the images rather atmospheric :) A great selection of birds and nice images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never seen an oystercatcher even in a photo, so really enjoyed the beauty of this bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I always enjoy seeing birds I have never seen myself, even if they are in fog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely, Margaret! The puffins are just spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fine series of bird pictures on this island. I like overall view of from the island. The video helps us see what you saw from your viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful birds, Margaret.
    I just simply can't get past the beauty of their beaks :)

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What tremendous bird pics!

    Thanks for sharing them.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love watching the puffins swim! They bob around like corks, don't they? They look like they are wearing clown makeup. They have been my favorite bird since I was a very little girl. My young uncle gave me a picture book about them, then he died in his 40's. So puffins are very special to me. But you never see anything about them anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the misty photos.They have a special feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like the puffin photos. Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Oystercatcher's have been given superbly coloured beaks and legs! and I was able to enjoy the video as well! Puffins are cute and Fulmars are handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I forgot to mention, thank you for sharing the Puffins, they are a favorite of mine, and I only get to see them up close when I visit Oregon.

    ReplyDelete