Friday 23 August 2013

Sloop and Swans

After visiting Quarr Abbey the other day, (that will be in  a future post), my friend Sharon who had flown over from Northern Ireland to join me for 8 day and my friend Eileen, from the Isle of Wight lunched at The Sloop.  We had a enormous carvery for under £5. (see below)
 
 
 
 
This is the scene we had to look at when having lunch.  Quite a number of Mallard young.
 
 
 
 
Three Mallards in a row.
 
 
There there were 2 Mute Swans with their 2 cygnets.
  It was not long before they decided to all have a bath and I started the video. 
I think you will enjoy it.
 
 

Video at   http://youtu.be/WL4-KZ1ewC8

If there is a black space below, click it.
 


I hope you enjoyed this video as much as we did looking at the Swans bathing.
Thanks you for visiting.
Thanks to those who left comments on any of my posts yesterday.
 

17 comments:

  1. The "Sloop" looks like a nice place to have a bite to eat. What a fantastic view...
    The video was really good. They were so cute bathing and preening. I loved the one cygnet who kept rolling over and over, like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos! It looks so peaceful. What a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much enjoyed your video. I also like the great reflections you captured in your photo of the three ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun watching the different maneuvers of the swans while bathing. Loved the way the little ones would get upside down in their enthusiasm. That last photo before the video is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those three mallard head reflections, all in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful video! Have a great weekend Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images and a great video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gunilla,

    This was such a delight to watch! I love swans. We have some near my home, and I would LOVE to get some pictures of them, but the area in which they're located is hard to get to. Anyway, I so enjoyed both the video and your pictures. What a wonderful place to enjoy lunch and conversation with friends! Thank you for bringing a little bit of beauty and joy into everyone's lives with your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite disappointed there Margaret. I thought you might treat us to picture of the enormous carvery lunch. Never mind the views and the mallards were just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Margaret!
    Fantastic photos.
    I also love swans.
    I send greetings.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Cowes. There used to be a wonderful cafe for breakfast next door but a few to the Sloop.
    Have a good holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful place and avery entertaining video. It was so interesting to see the cygnets turn on their backs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mallards are enjoying their holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the the fothos of the little swans and her parents are beautifull

    gabi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the composition of the mallard shot - nice!

    Cheers

    Stewart M

    ReplyDelete